College Football 8/29/19

College football starts today, or did it start last week.  Depends who you ask.  Anyway, it's the first day with a bunch of games and I know everyone is excited.    I did bet some games this weekend, but none on Thursday offer enough value. Maybe there will be some line movement to get me involved tomorrow, but  just because they schedule the games doesn't mean you're required to bet. 

Ok, I know some of you just shook your head at that last paragraph.  It's college football Eppley!  Of course we have to bet!

Well if you absolutely have to bet something, I'd suggest Clemson -36 to kill Georgia Tech.  Obviously Clemson will win the game easily, so the question is by how many.  Recall GT's previous coach ran an option offense, so he recruited players to fit that style of play.  The new coach wants to throw the ball with a more modern style of offense.   But the option players are still on the team, so how well are they going to fit into this entirely different style offense?  I think they will struggle to score.  Then there's Clemson, who might be the best team in the country.  Yes even better than Alabama.  A great QB, great O-line, and faster than lightening receivers with great hands.  At least half the starters on offense will play in the NFL eventually.  Even after Clemson takes out the starters in the 4Q I think 55-10 seems like a realistic final score.  I just prefer not to lay all these points. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free NFL Pick 10/23/22

Free EPL Pick 10/9/22

Free UCL Picks 10/11/22